 General / 25368
Re: What do you do with your empty boxes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:06:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Zwicker writes:
I am getting buried under empty set boxes. Yet I am reticent to throw them
away for some reason. Right now I cut up the small ones and store them in
the larger ones. Unfortunately, I am running out of space to store the large
ones too. (Actually I have already run out of space)

I was wondering what you do with them? Do most people throw them out? Cut
them up? Or keep each one in imaculate condition?

Any advice?

Kev Z

The only boxes I currently have intact are from "my favorites", ones I could
not bear to cut down because they had been my prize finds (6090, 6973, 6982,
and 6286-etc.).  The rest get folded flat or cut into backs and fronts,
depending on whether or not I think the box photos are inspiring enough to
make me want to explore a little.  If the box is smaller than a $9.99 retail
size with one of theose little "punch to open" edges, I'm just as likely to
toss the box.  As for inventory, instruction sheets are all I need.  How
likely am I to ever inventory parts?  Dunno, tell you when I get my LEGO
room finished, all I can say is a rough estimate figure.  But I can't build
with boxes, so they may have to go.  I just envy Mark Sandlin's storage and
sorting system seen in oh so many of his MOC photos.  Must make it real easy
to work.  Buckets suck (parts in 'em are good though!).
If it ain't ABS, it's crap!
:o)
Aaron