 Robotics / RCX / *3655 (-100)
  Re: Books for Mindstorms

(URL) just realized that there are some things at the above URL that should be clarified: 1) There are actually 30 robotics projects in the book. Its just that only 16 of them have programs in all 4 programming environments (rcx code, robolab, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Books for Mindstorms

(URL) :) (...) And then there is my book, Creative Projects (...) advanced (...) THE (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Books for Mindstorms

(...) My copy of Extreme Mindstorms just arrived and let me tell you, for the advanced inventor it's GREAT! If your into Custom Sensors and out of the way sensors and what not THIS IS THE BOOK. It's written by the leading developers of the RIS's (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bugs in RoboLab?

The WAIT FOR ROTATION and WAIT FOR ANGLE icons do reset the angle sensor before they do their wait. However, there are several other programming constructs that will not require the angle sensor to start at 0 every execution. The LOOP WHILE ANGLE (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Compiling Utilities under Windows/Dos

I've been experimenting with the Mingw port of the GCC toolchain and have succesfully built almost all of the utility programs. firmdl3.exe even works in the fast mode! The only thing left is dll.exe. Specifically, keepalive.c won't compile because (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Looking 4 robosport constructopedia scans

(...) Lego Shop@Home has a few outlets in Europe... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Looking 4 robosport constructopedia scans

Here in europe it's hard to get. It's easy if you want to pay hard currency, america currency. If you where i can get it in europe/the netherlands, please tell me Thanks (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bugs in RoboLab?

The text displayed is a mnemonic representation of the generated LASM code. In the case of the Motor function, it appears the mnemonic is incorrect but the generated LASM code is correct. I compared the motor function to RIS and earlier versions of (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  LEGO Mindstorms forums (and HoF) are back!

Dear All The LEGO Mindstorms forums are back! As of this evening the forums have recommenced normal operation at (URL) . The winners of the July-August 2000 Hall of Fame are now up. The new Hall of Fame contest will run Dec 2000-Jan 2001 and is for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.general)

  Makefile change

I recommend the following change to Makefile (in the main legOS directory: old: SUBDIRS=util lib boot demo new: include makefile.common ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),MSDOS msdosdjgpp MS-DOS)) SUBDIRS=lib boot demo else SUBDIRS=util lib boot demo (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Communication between NQC and VisualBasic

(URL) is my scanner source code made by NQC and Visual Basic In this case, i used StartTask(), StopTask(), SetVar(), Poll(), etc. from the LEGO's control. (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Looking 4 robosport constructopedia scans

(...) I'm afraid you won't find them online. They are copyrighted by LEGO(r). If you want the scans buy the set. They *MAY* be available in 3 or 4 years if you wish to wait. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Turning off guided mode

Hold CTR and Click the ABOUT button. Scott (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Turning off guided mode

I recently purchased a new system, and am reinstalling RIS. I hate the fact that I'm forced to go through guided mode, although I understand the rationale. I'm sure I saw a post here or somewhere on how to disable guided mode upon install. Can (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Looking 4 robosport constructopedia scans

Hi, I am looking for the mindstorms Robosport constructopedia (scans) if you have them online somewhere let me know thanks Michel (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Communication between NQC and VisualBasic

In article <G4uLMp.1tL@lugnet.com>, "Richard Sutherland" <richard@webbox.com> wrote: here...it would just be putting another level of abstraction between the (...) IR Messages are implemented, although in the simulated environment they result in (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Communication between NQC and VisualBasic

(...) Unfortunately, Spirit.ocx doesn't support sending messages. However, the packet protocol is pretty simple so as long as you can access the serial port directly you should be able to build message packets. See the following web pages for more (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Using a Sony Remote control to run my Mindstorms...

Not a problem. J- (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: SDK2.0 on RCX1.5?

(...) Yes, the firmware works GREAT in the 1.x bricks. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Using a Sony Remote control to run my Mindstorms...

(...) Sorry for sounding so snobby. :( Cheers, Tom (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  SDK2.0 on RCX1.5?

Anyone know if the new 2.0 SDK and firmware can be used on a 1.5 RCX? Anyone tried? (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Communication between NQC and VisualBasic

It seems that you want to run an RCX emulator on the PC side that can use the PC IR Tower as if it was the internal transmitter in the RCX brick. Thus you could run NQC generated bytecode in your robot, and NCQ generated bytecode on your PC. I know (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Bugs in RoboLab?

I thought I would pass on what I have learned. Robolab sends very different code to the RCX than you might assume. For example, "Wait for Rotation" will always clear the rotation sensor first! There are a number of other anomalies, such as the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Communication between NQC and VisualBasic

I would like to experiment with communication between two autonomous robots. Unfortunately I can't afford a second RCX. So I would like to this thing with the RCX and my PC. Is there a way to write a NQC program that interacts with a Visual Basic (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Remote control

Hi, Just wondering if pbForth supports the RCX remote? If not, any plans to do this? Thanks, ROSCO (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Bugs in RoboLab?

I am pretty certain I have found a bug in RoboLab. The behavior is reversal of output A. Has anyone experienced behavior from RoboLab that they are certain is not a programming error? Is there any patch or known bug list? Very frustrating. --Jack (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Voting Robot

(...) I would have said "...a Lego robot _stupid_ enough to vote for Gore..." [duck] [run for cover] (...) Franklin (*Please* notice the "follow-up" redirection!!!) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Voting Robot

Somebody should get their hands on one of the Florida butterfly ballots and see if they can create a Lego robot smart enough to punch the correct hole for Gore. :) Rossz (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: monitoring motor revolutions

(...) Hi Kris, In addition to Lester's comment here some ideas and statements regarding your project. As Lester stated, you will need accurate distance, speed and direction measurements - and that is so true. Furthermore, for calculating coordinates (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Three new books about Lego Mindstorms

(...) I just came across a few copies of LEGO Mindstorms for Dummies in Borders bookstore in Walpole, MA last Sunday, so I bought one. Haven't read it yet, but I'll post a review once I have. (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  First Entry for BrickBots.Com and my humbled second entry

First off, I want to congratulate Mac on being the first builder to enter the Aluminum Can Stacking challenge, and for besting my score before I was even done! While I was fiddling with my robot trying to get the coveted fourth can on the stack, he (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LNPD problem..again :)

(...) Have you set up a packet handler on the RCX before sending this? I would guess that if there isn't one, you'll run into something like TCP's "connection refused", which might be what you're seeing. Otherwise, I assume that other LNP stuff (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNPD problem..again :)

hi everybody, im having some trouble with LNPD and was hoping someone out there might get me on the right track again :) PC side: #define MY_PORT 8 #define DEST_HOST 0 #define DEST_PORT 0 #define DEST_ADDR (DEST_HOST << 4 | DEST_PORT) i am trying to (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lego Mindstorms Europe Demo Tour

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rainer Balzerowski" <balze2@gmx.net> <snip> (...) an (...) I believe you... :-( My wife and I were surprised to find the Mindstorms Mall Tour in our local mall in Ocean County, New Jersey over the weekend. I was (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: monitoring motor revolutions

(...) The type of navigation you seem to be talking about is called "dead reconning" by aviators. This method requires accurate distance, speed and direction mesurments. Counting motor revolutions does not even tell distance if the surface has (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Lego Mindstorms Europe Demo Tour

(...) I saw this bar-tender in Frankfurt at the visioncommand 2000 competition. They are obviously running a serial protocol on their 17 RCX ! (One RCX and the IR-Tower were under the desk in a box.) Why don't they offer tese protocol to the lugnet (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  monitoring motor revolutions

I am currently working on a program that will monitor where a RCX goes. I am trying to establish a coordinate system so if it finds a light it can tell the location of the light. I was thinking about monitoring motor revolutions, but then I am (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RIS 2.0 - when, where, what??

(...) I take that back. Apparently Jin Sato didn't make that, he just talked about it in the book. I guess I never really noticed MIBO in that picture before. *feeling dumb* sorry... -jeremiah- (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RIS 2.0 - when, where, what??

Yeah, that was Jin Sato's. It's featured in his book on Mindstorms, and on his site: (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RIS 2.0 - when, where, what??

I don't think so - I seem to remember seeing this somewhere before, built with a humble RCX 1.0/5. Actually, if you look closely, you'll see it contains 2 RCXs, one below the other on an angle. Not much chance of TLC including 2 with the set.... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RIS 2.0 - when, where, what??

Oh, wow!! If that set is even half as good as it looks in the picture, that will be one set everyone will be scrambling to pick up!! Mind you, I do hope they don't expect to put a $390 price tag on it and expect people to pay that much for it!! Mind (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RIS 2.0 - when, where, what??

Take a look at (URL). See the dog? Is it MIBO? If we can really build that dog out of the box, then RIS 2.0 might as well be the best Technic Universal set Lego has ever released. Look at the rotation sensor, the shock absorbers, and all those turn (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic)

  Lego Mindstorms Europe Demo Tour

This weekend there is a large meeting of the members of the largest computer club in the world (about 150,000 members) in the netherlands. On this meeting there was a display of LEGO MINDSTORMS. The LEGO Compagny has build a bar-tender with 17 (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  USB wirless

does anybody no of a wirless USB box that will work with the vision command cam. to run cable free Thanks Wayne diamondw@kennecott.com (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Mindstorm display in Utrecht

Hi guys, Im sending this message through because I made the announcement for the Dutch in Holland but one of them gets the an credit for it, he has already pics of it. This weekend there is a large meeting of the members of the largest computer club (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.edu)

  Re: RIS 2.0 - when, where, what??

(...) USB/SERIAL you mean. (...) Yes, if it works like the PC once it's plugged in the drivers tell the OS that there is a "Serial Port" for it. Then it works just fine. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RIS 2.0 - when, where, what??

Great info! USB IR tower sounds good, I want to use my IR tower with my iBook, but I'm too lazy to buy an USB/Parallell port... I'm planning to use MacNQC then, but AFAIK, MacNQC doesn't "know" that there is a USB port on my computer... Or will it (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RcxCC control of Scout

(...) I don't think RcxCC supports Scout. You may be able to get it working by setting the environment variable NQC_OPTIONS to "-Tscout" (add an appropriate set command to autoexec.bat). Another option would be to use NQC directly from the command (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  DJGPP (Windows) for Legos

For anyone who encountered problems with the DJGPP tools for legOS, I found an omission in my instructions at (URL) Specifically, I had left out the requirement for ftp://ftp.simtel.net...hl112b.zip My web page has been updated to correct for this (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  WinCVS

There is a module which helps configure WinCvs for Sourceforge. It helped. Check it here: (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Using a Sony Remote control to run my Mindstorms...

As it turns out it is much easier than I thought... All that I had to do was point the remotes at each other, the Sony remote can 'learn' from other remotes. I selected a free button and then I pointed my Lego remote at the Sony and pressed the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Charge!

Hello, The sequence actually starts on the G, like this: PlayTone(392, EIGHTH); PlayTone(523, EIGHTH); PlayTone(659, EIGHTH); PlayTone(784, EIGHTH * 2); PlayTone(659, EIGHTH); PlayTone(784, EIGHTH * 2); A reasonable value for EIGHTH is 16. Regards, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Using a Sony Remote control to run my Mindstorms...

Hi, Jason. Try learn from the IR tower itself. If that works, you make it learn what ever you want. All you need is to use RcxCC or similar software. Reading from the RCX IR emitter may be a possibily also, but you will learn only messages this way. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Using a Sony Remote control to run my Mindstorms...

(...) Well aren't you the lucky one. :) Cheers, (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Using a Sony Remote control to run my Mindstorms...

$85.00 from an eBay auction. (And it has been worth every penny!) Jason "Thomas R. Sibley" <tom@zulutango.com> wrote in message news:3A1E8CFE.FE43C1...ngo.com... (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

(...) My inventions have tumbled down the stairs in my house many times and everything is ok. Cheers, (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX 1.0 and 1.5

Hi all, This has probably been asked many a time, but here it goes. What is the difference between the RCX 1.0 and 1.5? Cheers, (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RcxCC control of Scout

I'm new to NQC, but buit the tag robots from the bvandam site. The download to the RCX went ok, but the one to the scout doesn't seem to work. What are the steps required to download and run a program on the scout? I've been using RcxCC, is this an (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX Power

(...) 9-12V. Cheers, (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Charge!

(...) I don't think Dave is exactly right, but it is close. (I tested it on my panio.) I believe though that it repeats twice, one octave higher each time. Hope that helps! Cheers, (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Using the RCX to turn on my stero system...

Hi all, I have a Aiwa RC-ZAS02 remote control. Could somebody either tell me the "blink command" for the power button or how I could find out what it is? Cheers, (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Using a Sony Remote control to run my Mindstorms...

(...) How much did you pay for it? The suggested manufacturer's price is $180!! Cheers, (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: I/O port of H8/3000

(...) Does this mean that a skilled hardware person can open the yellow brick and solder two additional analogue sensors to pins 4 and 5 of the A/D converter on port 7? [and of course violate the LEGO licence thus losing a support and who knows what (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Newbie Question! How do I pause or stop sensor input.

(...) Are you using RCX Code or NQC? Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Mini RADAR or SONAR for the RCX

Hi, Does anyone know where I could purchase a relatively cheap mini RADAR or SONAR device that I could use with my RCX? Any help will be appreciated. Cheers, (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: help with lnp

(...) ah yes.. now i c it.. in fact. theres no reference to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the legOS HOWTO written by luis willa, but in the "lnpd+liblnp" directory there is a REAME file that says exactly what you said. (guess i should have read that more (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Connection between two different teams of robots

(...) I think that should work. I have only two teams, that means I could use the same coding system you used for two robots (they just need to know they are in the same team) so I have a lot of bytes available to transmit a message. If the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Connection between two different teams of robots

Hi Giancarlo, I had a similar situation but only with two RCXs which had to exchange information with another constantly. Since both of them were sending and transmitting via their IR interface, the messages had to be identified and assigned to the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Connection between two different teams of robots

(...) should (...) rushing (...) teams. (...) work, (...) Hi Giancarlo. I think you can't avoid phisical interference between the IR messages of the two teams, because there's no way to change the carrier frequency of the IR. With the RCX 2 firmware (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Newbie Question! How do I pause or stop sensor input.

Hi, Im building a train turntable with 5 sets of train tracks. I want to be able to activate sensor 1 and have it turn on motor A clockwise for .5 seconds. Once the track has stoped. Manualy activate sensor 2 and have motor A turn counter clockwise (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  help with lnp

hello all, im tryin to run the lnptest program within the /lnpd+liblnp/applications directory, but all i get when i type "./lnptest" is "./lnptest: error in loading shared libraries: liblnp.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Connection between two different teams of robots

We are trying to make 4 robots play some kind of football game. There should be two different teams (2 robots per team)and they shouldn't communicate with each other. Is it possible to have a robust communication system relying on a different (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Setting NQC_OPTIONS to Trcx2

Thanks Dave. I am running Win98 and I added the statement to the Autoexec.bat. It worked fine. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Baum" <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-AD175E.15...net.com... (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Setting NQC_OPTIONS to Trcx2

(...) You need to set the environment variable NQC_OPTIONS to the desired set of default options (in this case -Trcx2). The specifics for setting environment variable depend on the operating system and/or command shell you are using. If you're using (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Setting NQC_OPTIONS to Trcx2

I am working my way through "Extreme MindStorms". Page 55 indicates that I might be able to set the NQC_OPTIONS to default to Trcx2 and allow me to use RcxCC with Version 2 firmware. I cannot figure out how to tell NQC what I want. How can I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  pbsim 1.0 a2 released

I've added RCX 2.0 support and filled in a lot of the missing features. There still are a few odds and ends that need to be implemented, but most programs should be able to be simulated on it. This is still only the core simulator and not a full GUI (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Batteries...

Yes, it's possible. You get less voltage with NiCads, so the motors don't turn as fast as they do with brand-new alkalines. Plus they don't last as long. However, they're so much cheaper to run! I used to use NiCads during development and general (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Float?

Yes. Install the "extras" from the "project" menu. You will then get a yellow stop sign, which floats the motors instead of brakeing them. Wire in the ports to be floated. -Peter Coach, FLL Team #1096: The Unibots "J G Gregory" <jgg@ultranet.com> (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: I/O port of H8/3000

(...) Are they all used? No. See the H8/300 manual and the bottom section of: (URL) visit the Microcontroller Interface section of my horribly-incomplete Low-level RCX Reference, at: (URL) unused pins are better documented in the low-level (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  I/O port of H8/3000

I'm not sure about how many I/O ports the H8/3000 in the RCX has. Are they all used in the RCX? (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Strange problem using 2 active sensors at the same time with 0.2.4

I could send you a copy of the Legos Kernel (legOS.srec and legOS.lds) files I am using and you can see if your code compiles and works better under it (actually I am using a patched version of 0.2.4, a early beta from Luis for what will most likely (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR download broken

(...) It requires batteries to be in it all the time. you get 60 seconds with it off and the batteries out. An easy way to tell is that it has 0000 when you turn it on with firmware and only the little man when it doesn't. Dean -- Coin-Op's For (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR download broken

So what causes it to 'forget' the firmware. Doesn't it store it in Flash memory? Or does it require batteries to be installed all the time? Matt (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Float?

Is it possible to set motors to "float" instead of "brake" in RoboLab? --Jack Gregory (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Strange problem using 2 active sensors at the same time with 0.2.4

(...) Unlikely, i've worked on my office machine, 0.2.4 was the first compilation of an legOS on this machine. Later in the evening i installed 0.2.3. Carsten (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Strange problem using 2 active sensors at the same time with 0.2.4

I also have a LegOS 0.2.4 program that uses two rotation sensors on input ports 1 and 3 as well as another active sensor (the Technostuff Dual IRPD sensor) on port 2. All work flawlessly, no counter drift noted on the rotation sensor. Perhaps it is (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR download broken

(...) The RCX has 5 programs built into the system when there is no firmware... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Fixed-point Math

(...) That's true. However, IMO, man pages are good for reference but not good for first-time learning. A quick tutorial with a couple of simple code examples might be nice. I didn't have too much trouble with the man pages, but I *did* have trouble (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Fixed-point Math

(...) And, of course, if you want, feel free to use CVS to get the HOWTO and add it directly to there- I'm always happy to see another contributor :) Luis ---...--- "Nobody ever said that democracy was simple or efficient." Florida Election Board (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Fixed-point Math

(...) That'd be great. I'm in no hurry, since time is not opening up for me either any time soon. (...) I've never bothered, since semaphores are basically POSIX compliant. If you have "man" installed you should be OK ;) Luis ---...--- "Nobody ever (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR download broken

(...) Yep, that was it thanks. How come it forgot the firmware? And how come the programs stored on it were still working? Very strange. Matt (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR download broken

(...) The remote only works when the Firmware has been downloaded. Remove the batteries and download the firmware. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Fixed-point Math

(...) By all means go ahead. I can write up some explanation as to what they are and how they work, too, once I find time. Also, nobody seems willing/able to write anything about semaphores, so when I write that up I'll see about a little blurb on (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  IR download broken

I just tried my new IR remote for my RCX and it doesn't work at all. So then I tried downloading a program with NQC (which I have done for quite a while) and that doesn't work either, I just get "No response from RCX". What's going on, is my RCX (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Fixed-point Math

Mike- If you want to, I'd be happy (later- busy this week) to mirror those on the sourceforge site. They look quite useful, and I'll be sure to mention those in the HOWTO (whenever I next have time for that. :| Luis (...) ---...--- "Nobody ever said (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  I'm back!

I just saw four messages of mine (sent over the course of three days) show up simultaneously in my inbox. I guess my connection to lugnet is happy once again. I did get an error report on one of them, and it looked like some mail server in the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Remote Control Internals?

Is there any tech. documentation/FAQ's for the remote control? Basically I need to know what it sends to the RCX. Does it send special opcodes, or regular RCX 1 commands? I don't see any remote control ops documented, like there are in the RCX 2 (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Math

(...) Most math functions aren't available. They would require so much computing power, and so few people would use them, that they probably aren't worth the code space in the kernel. You could probably find some sample implementations of pow and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Fixed-point Math

I'm not sure if this will make it to the list, but we'll see. I sent out a message twice and it still hasn't shown up. Anyway, I have uploaded my fixed-point math routines to my web site. This includes simple stuff like multiplication and division, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Math

I sent this before, but it never made it through. My apologies if this ends up being posted twice. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact