 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 872
Re: RIS 2.0 - when, where, what??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 20:37:16 GMT

Tobias Möller wrote:

Great info!
USB IR tower sounds good, I want to use my IR tower with my iBook, but
I'm too lazy to buy an USB/Parallell port...

USB/SERIAL you mean.

I'm planning to use MacNQC then, but AFAIK, MacNQC doesn't "know" that
there is a USB port on my computer... Or will it recognise the IR tower
once it's plugged in?

Yes, if it works like the PC once it's plugged in the drivers tell the OS that there is
a "Serial Port" for it. Then it works just fine.

--Tobias

Dean Husby wrote:

mike mcfarlane wrote:

Thanks Dean, where did you get your info - have you an inside source? Or
would you have to kill me if you told me???

If I remember correctly it was posted to the Mindstorms Web site briefly...
I've told all I know about it.

I was kind of hoping that the next RCX would be a bit smaller. Some nice
Lithium ion rechargeable batteries. Some more I/O. More sensors - surely TLG
must see all the alternate sensors that people make themselves and realise
that there is a market for them for people like me who are idiots with a
soldering iron (and unfortunately I'm one of those funny people that only
likes to use genuine Lego parts. More fool me I suppose.)

My hope is that the new firmware part in ROM will contain Hardware support for new
Sensors.
Proximity, Compass etc... Hey, I can dream...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html