 Robotics / RCX / 863
Re: RIS 2.0 - when, where, what??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:23:59 GMT

I don't think so - I seem to remember seeing this somewhere before, built
with a humble RCX 1.0/5. Actually, if you look closely, you'll see it
contains 2 RCXs, one below the other on an angle. Not much chance of TLC
including 2 with the set....

ROSCO

Geoffrey Hyde <ghyde@ledanet.com.au> wrote in message
Oh, wow!!  If that set is even half as good as it looks in the picture, • that
will be one set everyone will be scrambling to pick up!!

Mind you, I do hope they don't expect to put a $390 price tag on it and
expect people to pay that much for it!!  Mind you, I'm in Australia, I
suppose that could be half as expensive if you're in the USA or wherever.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Hao-yang Wang <hywang@pobox.com> wrote in message
Take a look at • <http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/techmind07.jpg>.

See the dog? Is it MIBO?

If we can really build that dog out of the box, then RIS 2.0 might as • well
be the best Technic Universal set Lego has ever released. Look at the
rotation sensor, the shock absorbers, and all those turn tables!

(By the way, I heard that the new yellow shock absorbers included in • 8458
are stiffer than the old ones. I'd like to have a bunch of these new • shock
absorbers but I am not going to spend over $160 for a pair. :-) Anybody
likes to part a set of 8458 with me?)

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang