 Robotics / RCX / 799
Re: RIS 2.0 - when, where, what??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 21:44:08 GMT

mike mcfarlane wrote:

Thanks Dean, where did you get your info - have you an inside source? Or
would you have to kill me if you told me???

If I remember correctly it was posted to the Mindstorms Web site briefly...
I've told all I know about it.

I was kind of hoping that the next RCX would be a bit smaller. Some nice
Lithium ion rechargeable batteries. Some more I/O. More sensors - surely TLG
must see all the alternate sensors that people make themselves and realise
that there is a market for them for people like me who are idiots with a
soldering iron (and unfortunately I'm one of those funny people that only
likes to use genuine Lego parts. More fool me I suppose.)

My hope is that the new firmware part in ROM will contain Hardware support for new
Sensors.
Proximity, Compass etc... Hey, I can dream...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html