 Robotics / RCX / 800
Re: Motor Sticking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 12:28:18 GMT

Rob,

Did you ever get any answers to this query? I also have three of the newer
Technic motors that have seized. (Out of a collection of about 10 motors
that's a 30% failure rate - not good!)

I suspect that this may occur with lack of use rather than over-use. One of
the motors was from a BarCode Pilot truck that I bought from a clearance
shop recently, I guess it must have been on a warehouse shelf for a couple
of years. The other two were from Technic sets bought approx. 18 months ago,
but not used for about 6-8 months.

I would be grateful if anyone has any input on this, but I am going to
approach TLG customer service about it anyway.

Regards, Dave.

Robert Libby wrote in message ...
Hello all,
   I don't remember if other people have posted about this or not but I'll
ask anyway.
I have 3 motors that all stall or will not start with out some help. Has
anyone of Lego come up with away to fix this problem? My motors are 1-2 yrs
old and have not had what I would call a great deal of use. I have other
motors from radio shack that are still running after 6 yrs of hard us. And
they don't cost as much.
   Any help would be great.

Rob Libby