 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 877
Re: Communication between NQC and VisualBasic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:23:13 GMT

It seems that you want to run an RCX emulator on the PC side that can use
the PC IR Tower as if it was the internal transmitter in the RCX brick.
Thus you could run NQC generated bytecode in your robot, and NCQ generated
bytecode on your PC.

I know that David Baum, the author of NQC, has worked out the basics of a
java based RCX bytcode simulator.  It it probably your best bet right now,
but from my limited understanding of the implemented bytecodes I *think*
that it will not do message transmission (yet).

URL for the PBrick simulator
http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/nqc/pbsim/index.html

I would love to see more work done on the simulator, to bad I am not
familiar enough with Java to take a stab at the GUI, or IR transmission tasks.

Rich

rich at brickbots dot com

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Thomas Zapf-Schramm writes:
I would like to experiment with communication between two autonomous robots.
Unfortunately I can't afford a second RCX.
So I would like to this thing with the RCX and my PC.

Is there a way to write a NQC program that interacts with a Visual Basic (or
Perl or C++) program with messages just like two RCXs would interact?

I know I have full acces to all the RCX-features with SPIRIT.OCX and I can
control the RCX completely from the PC. But this is not what I want. I want
them to communicate as independend systems over a simple communication
channel. Each side shoud run its own program. Is this possible?

TZS