 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 870
Re: RcxCC control of Scout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 05:09:45 GMT

In article <gp6t1tgrq5h7h2ih1hocif5gd7sn6f063i@4ax.com>, Brian Broom
<bcbroom@mediaone.net> wrote:

I'm new to NQC, but buit the tag robots from the bvandam site.  The
download to the RCX went ok, but the one to the scout doesn't seem to
work.  What are the steps required to download and run a program on
the scout?  I've been using RcxCC, is this an area where I would need
to use the comand line interface?

Brian Broom

I don't think RcxCC supports Scout.  You may be able to get it working
by setting the environment variable NQC_OPTIONS to "-Tscout" (add an
appropriate set command to autoexec.bat).  Another option would be to
use NQC directly from the command line...

nqc -Tscout -d your_file.nqc

The Scout needs to be in "power mode".  I think the Scout manual
explains how to select this mode.

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com