 Robotics / RCX / 868
867  |  869
Subject:
First Entry for BrickBots.Com and my humbled second entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 22:57:28 GMT

First off, I want to congratulate Mac on being the first builder to enter
the Aluminum Can Stacking challenge, and for besting my score before I was
even done!  While I was fiddling with my robot trying to get the coveted
fourth can on the stack, he posted his entry that can stack 5!

Mac's entry can be found at
http://brickbots.com/entryview.asp?eid=19

Details and pictures of my humble entry can be found at
http://brickbots.com/entryview.asp?eid=20

My entry stacks cans by lifting a can, placing another under it, then
setting the lifted can atop the second.  I had high hopes initially, but it
only managed to stack three cans.  I am pretty sure it is my lift/claw
design that is too vibration prone.  Thanks to those folks that posted the
links to 'The Shop', I learned much and will certainly be building a robot
like this again to see if I can improve.

There are still two full days left to submit your entry and win the Ultimate
Robotics Accesssory kit!

Good Building,
Rich

rich at brickbots dot com