 Robotics / 21519
Re: Mindstorms 3.0 Wish List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:57:30 GMT

  • External power
  • Flash memory (no more losing the firmware and programming when power is removed or batteries die)
  • An extensible 2-wire sensor bus allowing up to about 16 sensors attached to just one port on the RCX (freeing up 2 port locations)
  • A 4th output port (or more!)
  • Better display (more info)
  • A battery compartment separable from the rest of the unit allowing more flexible designs -- or at least make it so that if the batteries are not needed that the space would not be wasted.
  • DCC for trains and better communications between RCXs that don’t have line of sight
  • A reliable inter-RCX communication protocol that allows 256 or so RCXs