 Robotics / 21474
Re: Mindstorms 3.0 Wish List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:19:14 GMT

hi

i've posted it some time ago
but there was no big response
maybe because there was no possibility like this wish list

if TLC is going to use liftarms as the basis of their models
2x2 connector brick is, i would say, stupid (however it's great for standard beams)
i suggested to redesign whole electric conections in technic
this is the replacement of 2x2 conector brick
if wires would have at the ends these elements instead of 2x2
they would be passed through the holes !!!
and the biggest advantage is the connectors would be smaller
they would get just one hole instead of 4 :)))

and still no short cut could be made in the circuit

pixel

"Jordan Bradford" <bradfj23REMOVE_THIS_SPAM_THINGY@uwosh.edu> wrote in message
I'm giving a presentation about Mindstorms on Wednesday. I have a slide near the
end that talks about all the stuff I know people want to see added. Here's what
I have so far:

RCX
===

* RC communication (but keep the IR port, too)
* more I/O ports
* faster processor
* more memory
* bring back the AC adapter jack
* DCC for use with LEGO Train sets

New / Improved Sensors
======================

* more sensitive / better light sensor (can see color, not just light intensity)
* more sensitive rotation / angle sensor (especially at very low  or very high
  speeds)
* motion / distance / proximity sensor
* pressure sensor
* sound sensor
* magnetic sensor
* gyro or compass direction sensor

Mechanical Things
=================

* servo motor
* solenoid
* helical gear

What else do people want to see? Don't worry too much about mechanical TECHNIC
stuff, like different gear sizes or gear blocks. For example, I'd like to see
some helical gears created, but that's more of a mechanical issue than a
Mindstorms issue. I don't know what else people would want for robotics besides
a servo motor and possibly a solenoid, anyway.

So, please tell me what else the RCX needs and what other sensors would be good
to have. I'll still take mechanical improvements, too. Thanks.