 Robotics / 21500
Re: More Speed? Re: Mindstorms 3.0 Wish List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:15:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chris Phillips wrote:
This could be addressed on the existing hardware with a better programming
environment.  What I have in mind is a new NQC compiler that generates a
firmware file instead of a bytecode file.  So you would code in NQC (or
something like it) and get the speed, performance, and full memory range
available to BrickOS programmers.

I believe that is exactly what legOS does. It compiles your program and stores
it in the firmware area. legOS has no firmware, and it ignores the ROM code,
too. It accesses all the hardware directly.

That's my understanding, at least.