 Robotics / 21518
Re: More Speed? Re: Mindstorms 3.0 Wish List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:20:14 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, “T. Alexander Popiel” popiel@wolfskeep.com wrote:
   Superficially, that seems true... but it falls apart as soon as you start dealing with dead-reconing errors.
Ah hah! And the reason I don’t want to waste time and effort making my memory map (excuse the pun) any harder to code than it has to be is because I am busy building special sensors and other gizmos to solve the short range navigation and location problem. That is where my interest really lies - not fighting with limitations in the RCX.

Of course, the real answer is to build a replacement RCX too, to go along with these new sensors. What’d you reckon, 1Mb of RAM should be enough for now :) Yeah and a 40 MHz CPU with gobs of I/O.

JB