 People / 1283
Re: How did you come out of your Dark Ages?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 17:25:24 GMT

I never really went through a DARK age. I had more of a Tinker Age.

I packed up most everything and then only pulled it out every now and
again to Tinker. Play a bit with this, and with that... No major
building projects. Nothing too exciting going on. Then, last Spring, I
went on this Train kick. I started buying up Train stuff from Shop at
home. Then I went into Ebay and went on a phenomenol shopping spree.
Bought out pirates (got my FIRST BSB), Castle, Train, Wild West, and a
ton of other sets that looked interesting to me. Pulled out ALL my old
instructions and went on a building spree that threatened to destroy my
one bed room apartment. No available surface was free of Legos. I'd just
about built EVERY official set I owned, when I ran out of steam. This
was around June or so. Just got tired of it. At this point I'd become
Rock Raiders complete, Knight's Kingdom complete, and had bought almost
all the Star wars sets released to date. My apartment looked like a Lego
factory had exploded. It took me about two months to pull apart and pack
away all the sets again.

Then, I stumbled across Castle world and realized I had enough pieces
now to actually build a giant castle liek I've wanted to since I was
about six years old and first discovered Lego. So I started on it.
That's what I've been doing with my Lego ever since. Many, MANY hours,
off and on, of building have brought around a rather large
infrastructure, on which building has ground to a halt. With Nutcracker
performances, end of the semester Finals and the holidays all crashign
around my ears, I haven't been able to make the time to build in a
number of weeks. Much less find the ROOM to create again. But maybe over
break, wiht no school to deal with, I'll be able to.

Which reminds me, I need to register for classes today! Ciao!

Matt