Re: "Was it worth it to you?" was Re: Cost of Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:01:38 GMT

Stephen F Roberts wrote:

"Jeff Johnston" <sakura@mediaone.net> wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
Stephen F Roberts <wubwub@wildlink.com> wrote:

...A 'variation' on that question is 'did you get your money's worth?" And I want honesty
from people here! Course, the fest itself was free, but things like airfare and hotel
rooms can add up (and unfortunately, there are no real cheap hotels in that area, tho it
will be something we look for next time).

Did anyone look into a "group rate" for rooms at hotels?  Sometimes you
can get a fairly significant discount that way.

...We blocked a few rooms for the fest. They gave us a group discount, but I'm not sure
how much :-/

As I mentioned earlier, we got a $20 per day savings (they have a
different $10 per day savings if you reserve rooms using their web site,
but you can't reserve rooms using event codes like we did [that had to
be done by calling the specific hotel, event their 800 number couldn't
do that], though it does support other discount codes).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com