Re: Cost of Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:26:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, James J. Trobaugh writes:
Very cool, I didn't know they had particular box for stocking the play tables.
That would be a cool thing for LEGO Direct to sell, you'd never really know
what you're going to get. That would kind of add to the excitement, then you
could trade off what parts you get you don't need (or want). Maybe a way for
LEGO Direct to unload mixed matched or poor selling parts. Kind of like the
suprise set thing S@H used to do.

Gosh, you have no idea.
For starters, it's amazng how inspiring it is to sit in front of a huge pile
of STUFF and just BUILD without thinking about it. I did that for about 2
hours on Sat. night, I think, and I came up with some very weird creations;
and also some very good ideas. And creative uses for all the grab-bag, random
pieces.

Also, in the big "scavenge for pieces" binge we had on Sunday morning-noon, we
found some truly cool stuff. It was interesing as well as hilarious to see
what different people were looking for, and very cool to see how after 30
minutes we were all familiar with what other people wanted... like Abe's bendy-
arms, hehe. :-)

Personally, I found over 18 clear trans. 1x2 bricks, and a whole bunch of
green slopes which should be really great for landscaping. Plus lots of other
stuff. Yoohoo!

-Sjhiri