Re: "Was it worth it to you?" was Re: Cost of Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:35:19 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Jeff Johnston writes:

Did anyone look into a "group rate" for rooms at hotels?  Sometimes you
can get a fairly significant discount that way.

I'm pretty sure that the price we paid was a discounted rate for brickfest.
Isn't that right?

Yes, the rate was $20 per day cheaper than their regular rate (for
comparison, their discount for internet registration was $10 per day
cheaper than regular).

And a further Brickfest question...is it going to be a yearly event in VA?
Or is it going to be a yearly event that moves around the US, hosted by a
diferent LUG each year?  It would be kind of cool to have it up here in
the New England area,

Personally, I hope that it does not move around.  I hope that WAMALUG maintains
enough interest to perpetuate the event annually.  If you want one up there,
then do it.  I'll come to it too :-)  DC is 4.5 hours, Boston is 5 hours.  I'm
flexible.

I hope that the success of this event will promote similar events in other
venues.  I was imagining that it would be neat if the next big event (whether
it's next summer in DC, or somewhere else) invited the other LUGs out and game
them dedicated space to set stuff up.

I agree on all counts. Moving events are good for the annual meeting of
a national or larger organization, but not good for smaller events. At
some point, we may have an annual Lugnet conference, and that would be
good to rotate about the world (but note that such a thing will not be
easily attendable on a regular basis by people with limited means).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com