Re: Cost of Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:27:13 GMT

Very cool, I didn't know they had particular box for stocking the play tables.
That would be a cool thing for LEGO Direct to sell, you'd never really know
what you're going to get. That would kind of add to the excitement, then you
could trade off what parts you get you don't need (or want). Maybe a way for
LEGO Direct to unload mixed matched or poor selling parts. Kind of like the
suprise set thing S@H used to do.

Thanks for sharing,

jt

ps. Frank sometime us GA AFOLs need to meet up with you NC folks, but thats a
topic for another news group.

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Frank Filz writes:
James J. Trobaugh wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Frank Filz writes:

<snip>

I got enough [3 or 4] that during the mad grab
for bricks from the K-8 Sunday afternoon, I was passing white octagonal
wall parts to other folks [the greatest part of my K-8 grabbings were a
good supply of green roof bricks and roof peaks]).

<more snip>

--
Frank Filz

Ok Frank, now you have to explain what "K-8" is.

A K-8 is the box TLC uses to supply LEGO parts to the play tables and
for events. It's about 18" x 30" x 15" or something like that, filled
with bricks. Apparently they stock them by dumping parts from returned
sets, manufacturing left overs, etc.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com