Re: Cost of Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 03:47:18 GMT

Stephen F Roberts <wubwub@wildlink.com> writes:
...I meant to ask you, "was it worth it?"
...A 'variation' on that question is 'did you get your money's worth?"

I think so.  When I was deciding to go, I sort of spread the cost of
Brickfest across savings I had made earlier in the year, such as Mindfest
(which I went to free on frequent flier tickets) and prom (~$120 paid by
my mom (for tux & entrance).  I figured that since I had saved money
elsewhere, I was justified in spending a little extra.
As far as Brickfest actually went--I had fun.  It was great meeting
others, looking at creations, watching the animations, talking to people,
etc (and I wasn't too hot, except outdoors).  However, I agree that a
little more organization would have helped.  There were a couple times
when I was wandering around not sure what to do, especially while many
people were involved in BrikWars and the Pirate Game.  Despite that, I
had great fun with the K8--I'm really pleased with the fighter I was able
to build from the pieces (although it didn't win the contest...).  It was
fun winning the soccer tourney and one of the scavenger hunts (but what
ever happened to building with gloves?).
Lastly, one thing that justified the cost was that I took a little more
than my share of the K8 (but there was still plenty to refill the
boxes...
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht................BramL@JUNO.com
http://www.chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/