Re: "Was it worth it to you?" was Re: Cost of Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:21:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
Stephen F Roberts <wubwub@wildlink.com> wrote:

...A 'variation' on that question is 'did you get your money's worth?" And I • want honesty
from people here!

For me, it was absolutely worth the $85 hotel stay, the 2.5 hour drive each
way from Richmond, getting lost trying to find McDonalds, eating much junk
food from Giant, the packing and unpacking of the car, etc.

Benefits of attending Brickfest:
1.  Putting faces with names
2.  Being able to see other people's creations and converse with them about it
in real time and vice versa (getting feedback on my creations)
3.  re points 1 & 2 ... being an AFOL is like living in a world where you only
know other AFOLs through newsgroups ... coming to brickfest was like the
ending of the Blind Melon "No Rain" video, where the girl in the bee costume
finds the field of other bees and can finally dance happily.
4.  Trading
5.  Going to The Store
6.  K8 baby!  'nuff said.

(BTW, if anyone turns up a red motorcycle that isn't their's please LMK --
mine fell of the table and got lost... I'll pay to have it shipped back to me)

Thanks!

Chris Busse
http://www.bussetech.com (brickfest pics and narrative coming soon)