 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16635
Re: rtl22 working concept
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:14:45 GMT

Rob Antonishen wrote:

On 8/14/06, Chris Magno  wrote:

So,

we find a marker.

we agree on 2 games (each bot is and X and an O)

Just to clarify, X always goes first?

we agree that the game board is going to be a 8 1/2  x 11 sheet of
paper, with a printed board from a PDF.

the bot space is the L shape around the paper. you can have a bot over
lap the paper to start. or at the END of your turn

we will use the touch sensor on your bot to signal end of turn

Please explain - I didn't participate in C$ and can't find a rules page.

rulz page here:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-013104/lego-013104-rules.html

basicly, you have to build one touch senor in your bot that the other
robot has to "press" (1) to signal, that the robot is done making its move.

we will time the event BUT will use humans and a stopwatch.  I really
like dereks computer dacta controller BUT if we have the same number of
people join, then that will get unwieldy and timely

How will we time?  Something like sugested by Derek for C$:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=10468

-Rob A>

again, i like to fall on the "spirit" rule here.  if you want to make
your bot beep at the end of turn, or raise a flag or ???? they fine.
but i think most builders will know when the bot is done, and can tell
the "timer" that its over.

If we have enuff robots, I also like the the idea of multiple tables.

Since Calum has not yet done the PDF, i will post a simple one now.

THAT will really fire him up.

Chris

1. the press is in quotes cause there are MANY ways of doing this.  like
directly conecting a wire from your motor out to his sensor in, OR
building a touch sensor in your bot, and all the other guy has to do is
hook it up via a wire to his rcx.