 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16637
Re: rtl22 working concept
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:31:21 GMT

you have to build one touch senor in your bot that
the other robot has to "press" (1) to signal...

   Actually, we ran afoul of this, in that the first time Bryan's robot played
mine, mine absolutely refused to acknowledge its turn. It turns out Bryan was
using an old-style touch sensor, while mine was multiplexed with a light sensor,
so I had my cut-off set wrong. Really confusing for a while, however.

again, i like to fall on the "spirit" rule here.

   Since cheating the time is likely to be judged "against the spirit", we just
said that everybody had to time their own. At the end of the game, each robot
therefore had a cumulative time displayed on the LCD. The problem about the
first robot needing to play an extra time is also one you could solve by
ignoring the last move - it's a completely forced move anyway, that the opponent
never looks at. Now the two robots have the same number of moves to make
(actually giving the first robot a slight advantage). Now if you really want to
automate them, make the robots detect if they are X's or O's by themselves.

--
Brian Davis