 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16633
Re: rtl22 working concept
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:20:53 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

On Sun, August 13, 2006 9:22 pm, Chris Magno wrote:

Calum, I think you missed my point. When I said "easier" to draw. I
meant to imply, that the robot who plays O would be at a SLIGHT timed
disadvantage, vs. the X playing bot.

We need to finalize a "timed" game and or would each "round" consists of
2 matches where each bot gets to play X and O?

If only one game is played, the bot that plays first will be at a big disadvantage...

Steve's got a point--if the contestants make smart enuf 'bots that will always
end in a 'cat's game'--i.e. no one won, then who goes first also goes last--that
means that the bot that plays first will have one more move than the 'bot that
goes second--that'll add to the first player's time.

ANyway, throwing it out there.  I'm liking the idea of drawn tic tac toe

Dave K

So,

we find a marker.

we agree on 2 games (each bot is and X and an O)

we agree that the game board is going to be a 8 1/2  x 11 sheet of
paper, with a printed board from a PDF.

the bot space is the L shape around the paper. you can have a bot over
lap the paper to start. or at the END of your turn

we will use the touch sensor on your bot to signal end of turn

we will time the event BUT will use humans and a stopwatch.  I really
like dereks computer dacta controller BUT if we have the same number of
people join, then that will get unwieldy and timely

anything else?

Calum, do up a rules page, and make the PDF. cause you know if ~I~ do it
you will hate it, and just end up re-doing it anyways.

Chris