 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16657
Re: TTT board marks or not
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:25:23 GMT

   In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:

   Why not print a board that is guaranteed to fit in every printer and then fold (or cut) to that outline?

   That is pretty much the same idea as registration marks, but better.

The “board” could just be a simple 2x frame that could sit on, or have a folded paper board laying inside.

Something like this: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ffaat/RTL22/frame.gif

It would also give the bots a positive alignment/connection.

That was my first inclination, to build some sort of registration frame or holes to attach the paper to the robots.

That would make sense, but the concern was not to make it too complicated.

Calum

Here are two options a board with 4x4 lego spacing, with a grid and frame shown:

and the PDF of just the board and corner registration marks:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ffaat/RTL22/tttboard_proto_small.pdf

and a board with 6x6 spacing, with grid and frame shown for clarification:

and the clean PDF:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ffaat/RTL22/tttboard_proto_large.pdf

I drew these in metric using an 8 mm pitch. should print fine on any printer at 100%

I didn’t bother with a board having 5x5 spaces, as the frame I proposed for bot vs bot games (earlier) is 22x22 LU inside:

Alternately, a person could just test and build with only one side of the frame and the alignment marks:

-Rob A>