 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16647
16646  |  16648
Subject:
TTT board marks or not
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:44:19 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

snip

Calum

So, I seem to recall that at the dinner, people seemed ok with the idea
that the bot was to start, "NOT on the page."

This was going to eliminate the need for "registration" marks, and the
need for everyone to have the Cannon EP-1 Super LAZER 3-4H printer.

The idea was KISS.  Everyone has access to 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Even my
poor FIRST DRAFT of the game board lined up in the center of the page.

With just the plain paper, and the # grid, then it was an easy matter to
  have your space defined as ANYWHERE in the L shape, NOT on the page.

This is what I meant:

This is simple, and has less chance for error:

http://www.thepyroguys.com/images/simple.jpg

This is way more complex and has a higher chance of people printers
messing it up.

http://www.thepyroguys.com/images/raster.jpg

Why waste the ink on registration marks. We all know what size a 8 1/2 x
11 bit of paper is.  I suggest we use the page itself as the boundary.

Chris