 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16621
Re: rtl22 working concept
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 03:51:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:

Details, details, we want details!

Colurs?  Marks (x and o)? size? thoughts?

I like the idea!

A lot of stuff still up in the air about T3D

Game is on a 8.5x11 PDF file with a predetermined registration marks where you
line up to.    The paper is taped to the table.  L shaped airspace like the C4
game.

Colours--black markers on paper.

Marks--Chris wants X's and Squares, that fantastic game we all played as
children.  I kinda think that's retarded...his reasoning is that squares are
easier to draw.  My reasoning is, it's also easier to just transmit bytes to
each other instead of drawing or moving blocks...

...if we're going to draw, might as well make the effort to draw WELL.

Size--Lotsa debate on this.  Chris wants smaller, John, Derek and I think it
should be larger (somewhere around 1.5 to 2 inches.

Markers--bingo dabbers, sharpies...Iain and I went to Staples...GODDAMNED
Americans and their suckass big box stores.  All the pens and markers are SEALED
in packaging...so unlike Grand and Toy, you can't try them out.  We did see a 12
pack of chisel point chart markers for $6.50 or so.  That and the $4 Sharpie
Magnum 44, the Hummer of chart markers.  But I'm hoping for something soft and
round tipped versus shaped, so you can push down and scrub around.

I like the generic and plenty approach, I figure many a marker will be destroyed
or used up during this, so they might as well be cheap.

Still trying to figure that one out.

Calum