 Off-Topic / Fun / 2274
Re: spamcake collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.pun, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 00:49:02 GMT

<378FBF59.7B8E83D0@io.com> <FEznMB.K5z@lugnet.com> <FEzo55.KyI@lugnet.com>

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Robert Munafo writes:
That algorithm won't find the following [...] that didn't have "when
replying". You could special case the third week of April and use the
"when replying" test for everything since then.

Sounds like quite a challenging problem in its extreme...  :)

Since there are only about 350 of 'em, and editing will probably be necessary
on most of 'em anyway, I'll bet it's quicker just to pop the whole thing into
an editor and delete stuff by hand.  If you could do one every 10 seconds,
then you'd have it done in an hour, which is certainly less time that it would
take to write a program to do same correctly in all cases.  :)

For the sample set we have now. But what if EVERYONE starts doing the
'cake thing.

This is .geek and suggesting that it be done by hand is insufficiently
geeky. Sorry.

--
Larry Pieniazek
When replying, remember that if you try to mail me at my CTP address