 Off-Topic / Fun / 2239
Re: Uber-Galic question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:57:44 GMT

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:11:20 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

Tom McDonald wrote:
This is new to me.  Within the past couple'a weeks, I've heard references to
Al Gore "inventing" the Internet.
The references are true. I remember driving home a few months ago and hearing
this on the radio and laughing when I thought of all the years of hacking that
geeks worldwide have done to make this possible, and he steps in at the last
minute and takes a bow.

When did he step in and take a bow?  What should I search for in the news
sites?

Al Gore take a bow?  I thought the joke was that he is to stiff to take a bow.

-- Terry K --