 Off-Topic / Fun / 2186
Re: Uber-Galic question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:27:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Tom McDonald wrote:
We could all use some Mazel... (1)
1.  Name that play -- my #1 fave.
Hmm. I thought this thread had something to do with being overly-Gaelic but • I
guess not.

Nonono -- with all that pepper and vinegar and...stuff, it's overly gall-ic,
as in the fashion of that bladder.

Ewwww. Bladder as in haggis? Not that again...

Death of a Salesman?

This here's the story of Willy Lomond: a man who's had too much haggis...

You know, I've never seen that.  Neither have I read the book.  (1)  Is it
any good?

I can't say objectively. I had to do the play in high school. I was the
doctor, but I caught the flu just a day before we performed (grrrr...)

Actually, what a bad question about a play.  I've just seen a bad _Pirates
of Penzance_, but it's still a good play.

Never seen that. I don't do well around musicals (sorry James Brown). Though I
did get to see the _King and I_ with Yul way back when.

My brother was in a good _Man of
La Mancha_, but it's one of the silliest scripts I've ever seen...

Yes it is. The play seems almost to make fun of itself which, if done right,
makes for almost decent entertainment (or am I stating the obvious?)

when replying, so light, so flaky, so spamcake..

Tom, Tom, Tom.  You know what Julia Childs sez:  Spamcake is always flaky,
but never light.  :-,

hehe  It must be the cream sauce.

1.  I've never read _Atlas Shrugged_ either, which was recommended to me by
the same person who recommended _Death of a Salesman_.  As it's an intro to
objectivism philosophy weighing in at over 800 pages, I don't know if I want
to start!  Sproat's rule of maximum laziness.

IMO, 800 pages on objectivism philosophy doesn't sound like enjoyment - it
sounds like an pointless exercise in nebulous syntax and an excuse to bolster
stock in Boise Cascade. And, no, I'm not headed over to .debate for that one..

-Tom McD.
when replying, something to remember at the polls this time around: if Al Gore
invented the internet, then we need to credit him with inventing spamcake.