 Off-Topic / Fun / 2183
Re: Uber-Galic question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:23:43 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:
We could all use some Mazel... (1)
1.  Name that play -- my #1 fave.
Hmm. I thought this thread had something to do with being overly-Gaelic but I
guess not.

Nonono -- with all that pepper and vinegar and...stuff, it's overly gall-ic,
as in the fashion of that bladder.

Death of a Salesman?

You know, I've never seen that.  Neither have I read the book.  (1)  Is it
any good?

Actually, what a bad question about a play.  I've just seen a bad _Pirates
of Penzance_, but it's still a good play.  My brother was in a good _Man of
La Mancha_, but it's one of the silliest scripts I've ever seen...

when replying, so light, so flaky, so spamcake..

Tom, Tom, Tom.  You know what Julia Childs sez:  Spamcake is always flaky,
but never light.  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  I've never read _Atlas Shrugged_ either, which was recommended to me by
the same person who recommended _Death of a Salesman_.  As it's an intro to
objectivism philosophy weighing in at over 800 pages, I don't know if I want
to start!  Sproat's rule of maximum laziness.

--
Jeremy H. Sproat <jsproat@io.com>
http://www.io.com/~jsproat