 Off-Topic / Debate / 2958
Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 00:25:01 GMT

On Fri, 24 Dec 1999 22:48:21 GMT, "James Brown"
<galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jasper Janssen writes:

Charge card? Electronic cash is EVIL. We should all return to barter
as a payment system.

Barter is a fantastic system.  It's only drawback is that it becomes
impractical as volume increases, and it requires all participants to have an
idea of the value of goods.  It's only TWO drawbacks are... ;)

Exactly. Try running a global economy filled with 80 % utter lusers on
it. We're talking about people who need to call Support to tie their
shoelaces. And then still can't.

(seriously, though - barter is GREAT on a small scale.  We do it all the time
over in B-S-T.  It's just unworkable on large scale)

In the real world, as well. But can you see me shipping three gross of
eggs to the States for an order of books from B&N?

Jasper