 Off-Topic / Debate / 2917
2916  |  2918
Subject:
Non-LEGO Tax Debate - Was:(Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:30:18 GMT

To all,

I think we have debated on taxes a lot from off.topic.debate, I know I
chimed in my views as well. It is one of those things that no one really
likes all that well, and I for one, would like to see the government go
back to the roots which grew it, and start acting more like a business.
Wherever tax debate goes in the US, I am hopeful it will be better than
the system we have, which has abused people, punished hard workers, and
rewarded many different factions into not wanting to change. Change is
hard, but sometimes, change will result in better things. I sympathize
with people who are fed up, but the way to change things is to support
that belief, whether it is a political party, a PAC, Foundations, and
especially voting. The other way is revolution, which I think might come
one day as well. It depends on a lot of factors.

My personal favorite tax example is my own: when I work two jobs, I get
taxed on the total amount, so my second job should take taxes out for
both of them combined, which is around 50% of what I earn for the second
job. Go figure.

Scott S.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! :)

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!