 Off-Topic / Debate / 2946
Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 11:23:08 GMT

[Yes, responding to my own post. New information.]

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 00:54:09 GMT, jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper
Janssen) wrote:

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 05:12:51 GMT, "Richard Marchetti"
<BlueOfNoon@aol.com> wrote:

Unless you are yourself a bank owner, I really find it hard to understand why
you defend banking practices so much.
What they do is essentially criminal in
the United States except that they are allowed to do it by law -- Title 12 of
the Federal Codes.

The latest news is that a court in Pakistan has just in essence
subscribed to your views. They say interest is against the the Qur'An.
By 2001 Pakistan will have to have an economy without the practice of
charging interest.

So I guess we'll be able to see in practice how much economic growth
that will result in.

Jasper