 Off-Topic / Fun / 3877
Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 23:03:07 GMT

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jasper Janssen writes:
On Fri, 24 Dec 1999 20:18:45 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Interesting, take me through how my charge card company would get a
stake in the profits when I charge a meal for a client? Are you sure
that's a workable suggestion? Do I have to give them an accounting of
how exactly that meal resulted in business and how much of the money we
got was profit.

Charge card? Electronic cash is EVIL. We should all return to barter
as a payment system.

Barter is a fantastic system.  It's only drawback is that it becomes
impractical as volume increases, and it requires all participants to have an
idea of the value of goods.  It's only TWO drawbacks are... ;)

BOOM!!  NOOOBODY expects a Spanish Inquisition.  Our weapon is
supplies--supplies and fear.  Fear and suppl-- our two weapons are fear and
supplies and the ruthless efficiency.  Our three weapons are fear and supplies
and the ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to the
Pope.....AMONGST our weapons are fear, supplies, ruth....Amongst our weaponry
are such elements as fear....I'll come in again.

{;^D John

(seriously, though - barter is GREAT on a small scale.  We do it all the time
over in B-S-T.  It's just unworkable on large scale)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/