 Off-Topic / Debate / 2952
Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 21:03:58 GMT

On Fri, 24 Dec 1999 11:47:22 GMT, "Selçuk <teyyareci>"
<sgore@nospam.superonline.com> wrote:
Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote in message

The latest news is that a court in Pakistan has just in essence
subscribed to your views. They say interest is against the the Qur'An.
By 2001 Pakistan will have to have an economy without the practice of
charging interest.

So I guess we'll be able to see in practice how much economic growth
that will result in.

Seems I forgot the "<snort>" here.

I think they just realized that world ruled by money, not the god.

As sad as that sometimes seems to people. Unfortunate truths, and alla
that.

It is even much more impossible for a 3rd worlder country like Pakistan or
my country, with 2-3 digit annual inflation rates. Isn't it strange that
most of the Islam countries are 3rd worlders?

Pakistan is a nuclear power nowadays. Worrying, since they're so close
to Europe. Fallout from a fullscale Pakistan-India blowout (that'd be
10 nukes each, or something on that order, I imagine) would be enough
to cause major damage here. More so in Turkey.

And economic instability is _not_ the way to ensure it goes the other
way.

Jasper