 Off-Topic / Debate / 14101
Re: Libertarian comes through for the Terrorists
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 07:59:24 GMT

This text questions the premis that it was an attack on freedom and liberty:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4266289,00.html

It is a long text, but well worth the read.

You know what, Scott? You are absolutely right. That text IS worth the read
and anyone who is wondering if the Guardian harbors fools or fellow
travelers or not ought to go read it and carefully think about the bile that
this author spews.

Hmm. It looks like it does not agree with you view, so you start throwing
mud. For the record, I think that is the 1st time Arundhati Roy (a booker
prize winner - so no fool) has written for the Guardian.

While there are out of context true facts in it, and snippets of it that are
worth thinking about, taken as a whole, this text evinces a disdain for the
whole concept of freedom, peace and justice, as it goes about smearing the
US and all of Western Civilisation.

That you have beat me over the head with this text so many many times with
it finally brings me to actually respond (I read it the first time and
dismissed it as spew, hoping that by ignoring your own spew you'd stop).

Yes, everyone should go read it.

Go read it carefully.

Go read this distortive filth and see what it is that Scott and his ilk hold
up as appropriate and good and right. "down with the evil US", indeed.

Show us where the distortion is. Show us. I admit it is written with strong
words - but her argument is strong. Yours is week. So week that you have not
backed it.

Expect a response from Scott along the lines of "but can you refute fact x?"
or claiming that I don't know what freedom is, again.

Scott, you're a chump. Bad manners or not, it needs saying.

Pots & kettles.

Your actions
demonstrate it, your lack of debating, composition and reading skills
highlight it, and this sort of tripe really really brings it to the fore.

I again call for a banishment vote, in which the other readers of .debate
decide if they really really are interested in your spew.

Larry YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY POINT!

Scott A