 Off-Topic / Debate / 13939
Re: Libertarian comes through for the Terrorists
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:36:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Horst Lehner writes:

In that context, is it too much to let some snooper see your grocery bill?

Yes, it is. Not by itself, but because it won't help track down a single
terrorist.

We have had a number of similar disputes here in Germany, where some
politicians and executives said they need this or that legislation to track
down the organized badies better (be it the 70's RAF, the 80's Mafia, or the
90's e-Mafia). None of that ever worked the way it had been advertised. So,
why should I believe this is going to be totally different with 00's
terrorists?

So we should give in? Or should we keep on using our failing methods?

(Not drivel Larry. Concern. Thanks for reminding me though (honest), here
goes:)

"freedom", is a joke coming from you. In the last weeks you have shown me
that you don't understand freedom or liberty (and I'm not the only one that
thinks that).

Why do you reiterate on that?

I could not resist.

Seems that you didn't learn from the past,
quite like our politicians on both sides of the Atlantic ...

I don't follow?

Scott A

:wq

Horst