 Off-Topic / Debate / 13837
Re: Liberterian comes through for the Bill of Rights (was a slur
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 15:12:55 GMT

Oh, and another thing, before you accuse others of calling names, you might
want to avoid doing the same yourself, your subject line is a deliberate
slur... unbacked by any fact

I'm not sure about that. It looks like the guy is a liiberterian (do you
dispute that?)

No. In fact we had a dustup in the past about whether he was or not and I
was saying he was.

and that this bill may help catch the bad guys (do you
dispute that?).

Yes I do dispute that. And even if it does help, which I dispute, it's not
necessarily a good idea.

We *could* pass a law requiring all airline passengers to travel completely
naked with all baggage checked, which might help stop hijackings but that
doesn't make it a good idea, or aligned with the bill or rights. And
opposing stupid bills does not make you pro terrorist. Saying so is a
deliberate slur.

Unless you are ok with me saying YOU are pro-terrorist because you oppose
LEGO's charity decisions and would rather they chose something more to your
personal liking? That's just as unfounded of a label.