 Off-Topic / Debate / 14102
14101  |  14103
Subject:
What, no answer? (Re: "Centuries old piece of paper" still pretty darn good)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 12:22:35 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message
In: http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=13712

What have I done now!?

Scott Arthur derides the US constitution with these words:

I see.

It means that we have a legal framework which reflects the way
we live today. We are not held ransom by a bunch of politically
appointed lawyers arguing over semantics based on a centuries
old piece of paper.

Well that "centuries old piece of paper" (parchment, actually) has kept • us
free, despite his scorn for it.

Do you agree with my words?

What, no answer?

lol. You make it sound like I've been trying to burn the thing since it • was
penned!

Freer than he is, in fact, although he'll never admit it.

Tell that to the communists and Japanese Americans who per periscuted in • the
name of freedom in your fair land.

What, no answer?

He prefers to be ruled by fiats and regulations often developed and • imposed,
without specific debate, by ministers who serve a government elected by a
bare majority (or less if it is a coalition)

Hmm Let me see. Who had the most votes Gore or Bush?

What, no answer?

Scott A