 Off-Topic / Debate / 14000
Re: "The Constitution is what the judges say it is"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:39:34 GMT

So you think I'm less free as I don't/can't have a gun, even though I would
feel less free if I did have one? I’d rather have real freedoms than
theoretical ones!

I said nothing about guns in specific.  Nor does this address what I said:
you can give up a freedom for security.  Okay, this is what you have done:
you can't carry a gun, but you feel more secure because of it.  You'd rather
have the security of not having to worry about guns.  That's okay.  I'm not
trying to debate whether that is the correct decision.  But you have given
up a real freedom (of debatable value, but a *real* one) for something that
is better defined as a security, and not a freedom.

Bruce