 Off-Topic / Debate / 14116
Re: "humility"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 16:12:09 GMT

You DID see my humility score, right? The US IS the
best country in the world, but not to worry, the UK is right up there in the
top ten if not actually second.

I was not aware that there was a competition for the "best country in the
world". If I were to choose, I doubt it would be the UK or the USA. I'd
probably choose some small state which did not bully anyone, support human
rights abuses - but did provide a good level of social provision.

Iceland, if it weren't for the inability to avoid tobacco smoke, would be very
near the top of my list.  As I understand it, modern Iceland is a derivative of
the only real-world example of Privately Produced Law.  The have almost no
crime.  And no one starves.

Chris