 Off-Topic / Debate / 13856
Re: "Centuries old piece of paper" still pretty darn good
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:11:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:

We have a long history of friendship and common support in times of need (despite the war of 1812, which we have forgiven you for long long ago).

I will offer that if apologies are to made over colonial history, then
we really do owe the Canadians an apology for the sacking of York
(Toronto) during the War of 1812.

Agreed.

(1) Even though I don't think that apologies are necessary by anyone on either
side, since I don't believe in holding the son accountable for the sins of the
father, so to speak.

Agreed again.