 Marketplace / Services / 183
Re: BrickBank ! (was Re: BrickBay Enhancement )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 22:40:36 GMT

Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
Since so far some "advanced" features are for Windows users only (Excel
sales list for instance)
Try star office on Linux.  It seems to handle Excel and Word docs
for me on Solaris, so it probably does on Linux too.

if I only had the skills to program some perl script to convert a
.csv file to XML I'd have done it already. However I have very little
experience in perl and virtually no time to learn it :-(
This particular transformation looks trivial.  I bet you could
learn enough Perl to do it in less than an hour.
And it would mean
that for each OS type a different interpreter would have to be written,
since perl for Windows appears to be too limited for most things at the
moment...
I think the same script would work fine in this case, actually.

Followups to lugnet.off-topic.geek
(which I don't actually read, sorry)
/Eric McC/