 Marketplace / Services / 177
Re: BrickBank ! (was Re: BrickBay Enhancement )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:06:40 GMT

move to BrickBay, I don't really think that will happen. Before I explain, let
me point out that the concept of BrickBay is wonderful. In fact,
Bricksonthebrain.com's beta site has a version I had gotten about 15% complete
on before BrickBay launched and I stopped work, so the concept is certainly
sound.

The idea of BrickBay however is for a large amount of *individuals* to come
together under one area to *act* as a single business. However, as a single
business, my distinction is that I *am* a single business. This means that
customers can rely on a certain quality of customer service, parts, honest
sales pitches, proper packaging, professional invoicing, etc. This can never
be guaranteed when dealing with individuals.

jake

In lugnet.market.services, Dan Jezek writes:
What I'd like to know is what it would take to get other Lego businesses (for
example BAYLIT) to move to Brickbay.  Why pay for webhosting/domain to host
your site when there is a DB system ready to use with lot of traffic.  There
are fees involved and it may not be practical to sell on Brickbay if the fees
from selling would be higher than hosting one's own site or simply because one
wants to have their own site.  If there is anything I can do - for example
including more options how to customize the look of a shop or adding more
features, just let me know.