 Marketplace / Services / 181
Re: BrickBank ! (was Re: BrickBay Enhancement )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 17:23:17 GMT

Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:

"D. Jezek" wrote:

On a side note, is there anyone who would like to mass upload their wanted
list the way that the current mass upload of inventory works?
http://www.brickbay.com/invXML.asp

I checked out the way it works last weekend to upload some stuff, but found
it to be very frustrating because of all the tags needed for it... would it
perhaps be possible to use a .csv spreadsheet file instead (that way it
stays OS independant, I'm using Linux :-) with lugnet partref, amount,
color, price for instance?

Why do you say it is OS-dependent?  Whatever OS you are running,
you still need to generate the same text.  If you do so by writing
a simple Perl script that massages your csv file into the correct
format, what difference does it make whether the Perl script
runs on Linux or MSWin?

brickbay.com has this description:
you can feed your data directly into Brickbay via an XML file. How you > generate that file is up to you.

Is there some way to generate this XML file that is easier on
MSWin than on Linux?  Is that the information I am missing here?
If so, please tell!  (And it would be good if Brickbay told, too!)

Thanks,
/Eric McC/