 Marketplace / Services / 171
Re: BrickBay Enhancement (was Re: PayPal only in USA?!?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 18:03:10 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple writes:
<brickBank!>

I like the idea.  Let's say 100 people submit 1 order from each of
100 shops = 10,000 orders (or 10,000 payments being sent back and
forth).  Each buyer sending 100 checks, each seller going to the bank
with 100 checks.

Exactly - Sending money once to create a positive balance would be MUCH
more efficient, and that doesn't even take into account the initail reason
I had this idea - conversion to US funds for those of us outside the USA

In lugnet.market.services, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
...Well, good luck setting it up. It seems a little redundant to me.

It's only redundant for those in the USA who can use PayPal.
Does anyone know what the percentage of buyers USA/non-USA is for
AucZilla, BrickBay, etc.?  If 90% are USA, then I guess just use
PayPal and us second world residents will do things the hard way.

SRC
(Who has make a special trip to the bank today to get some US$ for
BrickBay purchases, as well as some special stamps to mail it with.)