 Marketplace / Services / 193
Re: BrickBank ! (was Re: BrickBay Enhancement )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:17:13 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Jon Kozan writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Andreas Stabno writes:

AucZilla and BAYLIT move to BrickBay
What I'd like to know is what it would take to get other Lego
businesses (for example BAYLIT) to move to Brickbay...

BAYLIT - (for my part)
I'll be short and to the point.
Brickbay is great, but it still doesn't answer the needs most
builders have for volume parts.  Maybe LEGO Direct will... •       <snip>
Sure it's not real time, but I have soo many parts, I am out
of stock rather rarely.

No, that's not it. You're not out of stock because you have a lot of parts,
you're out of stock because you've priced your parts high enough to shut the
people who buy loads and loads of parts at once out. That's a good strategy,
make more on each part but sell less parts. It means you're less likely to run
out of something.

Another strategy is to make less but make it up on volume. A lot of sellers do
that. But it's way more work.

++Lar