 Marketplace / Services / 197
Re: BrickBank ! (was Re: BrickBay Enhancement )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:53:58 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Larry Pieniazek writes:
<snip>
No, that's not it. You're not out of stock because you have a lot of parts,
you're out of stock because you've priced your parts high enough to shut the
people who buy loads and loads of parts at once out. That's a good strategy,
make more on each part but sell less parts. It means you're less likely to run
out of something.

Another strategy is to make less but make it up on volume. A lot of sellers do
that. But it's way more work.

I don't know if its more work.  Actually what I do is when I buy a bunch of
sets I take out the parts I would LIKE to keep then price everything else
within reason.  Then because I am trying to run on Net Zero Dollars while
increasing my collection I will take some, usually about half, of the parts I
would have liked to have kept and price them to make my money back.

So far this has worked very well for me.  I try to price parts on average
or lower than similar Brickbay prices for similar parts.  Because I price some
good parts slightly lower than average they tend to sell out quickly and
usually to one or two people.  That way it is less work for me because I don't
have to constantly count out parts.  I just take a ziplock bag that has all the
parts in it and ship it to the person.  To me thats less work and satisfies my
need quickly.

This stratagy doesn't work as well with the less desireable parts but I just
leave those out there and it seems that eventually someone does buy them.

Thats just the way I like to work though and it works best for me.  I could
probably make more doing things differently but I am not out to make money just
make back what I spend while keeping some desireable parts for myself.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/