 Marketplace / Services / 169
Re: BrickBay Enhancement (was Re: PayPal only in USA?!?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 16:43:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple writes:
<brickBank!>

I like the idea.  Let's say 100 people submit 1 order from each of 100 shops =
10,000 orders (or 10,000 payments being sent back and forth).  Each buyer
sending 100 checks, each seller going to the bank with 100 checks.
If each buyer was to deposit funds into their BrickBank account in advance,
used that to pay for their BrickBay orders and the site would then make a one-
time payment to each seller let's say once a month, that would reduce the
transactions going back and forth from 10,000 to 200.

It's a great idea but not one likely to happen any time soon.  I'll start
considering it more when there is 10 times the amount of traffic on Brickbay
that there is now.  I don't know how many sellers would mind receiving
payments for their orders only once a month but that's the only way it would
have to work.