 Marketplace / Services / 170
Re: BrickBank ! (was Re: BrickBay Enhancement )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 02:15:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Andreas Stabno writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple writes:
Hmmmm - What if AucZilla and BrickBay were merged into "BrickBank"...
Warning: Imagining the possibilities leads to great giddiness.   :-)

<imagine>
AucZilla and BAYLIT move to BrickBay
BrickBay moves to LUGNET
BrickBay becomes >the< place to shop for parts and sets
eBay traffic declines
Pause set db and LDraw parts db tie directly to BrickBay [1]
</imagine>

The chance of Brickbay moving to Lugnet is unlikely because Lugnet runs on a
Unix server [1] while Brickbay runs on NT server.

What I'd like to know is what it would take to get other Lego businesses (for
example BAYLIT) to move to Brickbay.  Why pay for webhosting/domain to host
your site when there is a DB system ready to use with lot of traffic.  There
are fees involved and it may not be practical to sell on Brickbay if the fees
from selling would be higher than hosting one's own site or simply because one
wants to have their own site.  If there is anything I can do - for example
including more options how to customize the look of a shop or adding more
features, just let me know.

[1] - (not sure)